These Apple and Cinnamon Muffins are deliciously wholesome and are made without refined white sugar. They are the perfect afternoon snack or lunchbox accompaniment.
Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 medium apples
- Preheat oven to 180º celsius.
- Add wholemeal spelt flour, plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt to a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine eggs, greek yoghurt, honey and butter.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Peel and dice apple into small cubes. Add to batter and gently stir through.
- Spoon mixture into silicone muffin cases (or a greased muffin tray). It should fill approximately 16 muffin cases.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 20-22 minutes. Test muffins are cooked by inserting a skewer which should come out clean.
Note: Pear would also be a good substitute for the apple in this recipe.