Broccoli is not on Master 5’s list of all-time favourite vegetables… But turn it into a pizza and it’s a different story!
Broccoli Pizza Base (TMX)
- 1 medium broccoli cut into florets
- 220 g lukewarm water
- 2 tsp dried instant yeast
- 200 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 200 g bakers flour
- 20 g olive oil plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil and put aside.
- Place broccoli into TMX bowl. Chop 5 sec/sp 7. Remove from TMX and set aside.
- Without washing bowl, place water and yeast into TMX. Mix 20 sec/sp 2.
- Add spelt and bakers flour, olive oil, salt and beetroot to TMX bowl. Process 2 mins/kneading function.
- Place dough into prepared oiled bowl. Cover with cling wrap and set aside for approximately 1 hour in a warm place. Dough should double in size.
- Preheat over to 200º celsius.
- Once dough has risen, divide in half and shape onto pizza trays (lined with baking paper and lightly oiled).
- Cook bases in oven for 10 minutes before adding desired toppings and cooking for a further 15-20 minutes.