You really can’t get a soup recipe any simpler… This nourishing soup is like a big warm hug! Like all good soups, best served with a crusty chunk of bread!
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 litre vegetable stock (or 1L of water plus 2 tsp vegetable stock paste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion and garlic to pot.
- Add oil. Cook for approximately 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add broccoli and vegetable stock.
- Bring to boil and then reduce to allow soup to simmer, cooking for approximately 25-30 minutes. Place lid on top of pot, slightly ajar to prevent liquid form overflowing.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until desired consistency is achieved.
- Season with salt and pepper as required.