This soup is a nutrient-dense powerhouse! It is a great way to add more greens to your diet (and it tastes pretty good too!)
Creamy Greens and Beans Soup
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery stalk and leaves diced separately
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 250 g greens (I use rainbow chard) stalks and leaves diced separately
- 1 small bunch parsley finely chopped
- 1 tin cannellini beans drained
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 100 ml cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion, celery stalk, greens stalks and olive oil to a large sauce. Turn on heat to medium and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, greens leaves and celery leaves and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add parsley, cannellini beans and vegetable stock. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add cream.
- Using an immersion/stick blender, process for a few seconds to desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (if required).
- Cook for a further 4-5 minutes and then serve.
Spinach would be a good substitute if you do not have rainbow chard.