A bit of a twist on a traditional mushroom boscaiola, with the addition of cabbage to add an extra veggie to this creamy and delicious pasta dish.
Creamy Mushroom, Cabbage and Prosciutto Linguini
- 40 g Butter
- 200 g Mushrooms peeled and roughly chopped
- 250 g Cabbage finely shredded
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 100 g sour cream
- pot boiling water
- 200 g linguine
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 1 small bunch parsley finely chopped
- 8 slices prosciutto
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in large saucepan on medium heat.
- When butter starts to bubble, add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and garlic. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream and simmer for approximately 10 mins.
- In a seperate pot, boil water and cook linguini for time indicated on packet.
- Under the grill, cook prosciutto for a few mins on either side, until crispy.
- Once cooked, drain linguine and add to mushroom sauce, along with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Break up prosciutto and sprinkle over pasta.