This Potato Salad is perfectly balanced, with the creaminess of the mayonnaise, saltiness of the bacon and subtle pops of pickled flavour with the baby capers. It is the perfect accompaniment to any grilled meat, fish or my favourite… schnitzel! Yum!
Creamy Potato Salad
- 1 kg potatoes peeled and cubed (1cm)
- 1 tsp salt (plus extra, to taste)
- 200 g bacon finely diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- large bunch parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add 1 tsp of salt to water and also the potatoes. Cook for approximately 15 minutes until potatoes are tender (they should be soft, put not fall apart completely).
- Drain potatoes and let cool.
- Place 1 tbsp olive oil and the bacon in a small frypan. Turn on heat and cook bacon until brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel.
- In a large bowl, add mayonnaise, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and baby capers.
- Add potatoes and bacon to mayonnaise mixture and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.