There is something about dolmades that I absolutely love. However, they can be quite time-consuming to make, so I always have a tin or two in the cupboard for a quick and easy lunch or snack. This dolmade salad is a regular weekend lunch in our household particularly when I’m pressed for time. Whilst it can be served alongside any grilled meat or fish, it is filling enough to be eaten as the main dish itself.
- 3 cups lettuce (any variety)
- 425 g tin chickpeas
- 425 g tin cannellini beans
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium bunch parsley
- 1 medium bunch dill
- 100 g goats cheese
- 180 g tin dolmades
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup Niulife organic coconut balsamic (or regular balsamic)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Wash, dry (by patting with a paper towel or using a lettuce spinner) and shred lettuce. Place into a large salad bowl.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and cannellini beans. Add to salad bowl.
- Chop cucumber into medium sized pieces. Add to salad bowl.
- Finely chop parsley and dill. Add to salad bowl.
- Drain and roughly chop the dolmades. Add to salad bowl.
- Make the dressing by place olive oil, balsamic and mustard into a glass jar. Shake vigorously until ingredients are well combined and it is a thick, creamy consistency.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix through gently until salad is coated.
- Crumble goats cheese over the top of the salad.