Pancakes are a Sunday-morning tradition in our household. Depending on what fruit I have available, I will always whip up a quick jam to accompany them, so we can avoid the outrageously high sugar content and other nasties in store-bought varieties.
Easy Apple, Passionfruit and Chia Seed Jam
- 4 apples Peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 passionfruit
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place apples, passionfruit and water into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring to boil on high heat, then reduce heat to medium and let simmer for approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and mash apple mixture with a vegetable masher.
- Add chia seeds and stir through to combine. Allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
Note: This quick and easy jam is perfect as a pancake topping with a drizzle of maple syrup!