There’s nothing more nostalgic for me than a baked beans on toast. This homestyle baked bean recipe is so good that you’ll never buy baked beans off the supermarket shelf again. This one doesn’t had all the extra additives, preservatives, salt or sugar in it either.
Homestyle Baked Beans
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tin cannellini beans
- 1 tin red kidney beans
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 small bunch parsley plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 150 ml water
- Dice onion and place in saucepan with olive oil. Sauté on medium head until onion is translucent.
- Crush garlic and add to onion. Cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add cannellini beans, red kidney beans, rosemary, parsley, dijon mustard, honey, tin tomatoes and water.
- Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of parsley.