This loaf is pretty special, with its delicate garlic and rosemary hint of flavour and zesty lemon burst! Best served warm with a slathering of butter or ghee, you definitely won’t stop at only one slice…
Lemon, Rosemary and Garlic Loaf
A medium-density bread loaf with a gorgeous lemony zing!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup potato grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 sprigs rosemary finely chopped
- 2 lemons zest and juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Preheat over to 180 degrees celsius.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add plain and wholemeal flour, potato, parmesan cheese, baking powder, lemon zest and rosemary.
- Stir to combine ingredients. Make a well in the centre of the mixture.
- In a seperate bowl, mix to combine the milk, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix gently until combined to form a soft dough.
- Bake for approximately 55-60 minutes until golden brown. (Test to see if cooked through by inserting a wooden skewer into the centre - it should come out clean).
- Serve warm with a generous helping of butter or ghee for maximum deliciousness!