These polenta chips are a winner in our household! Golden and crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. The rosemary and parmesan cheese add to the delicious flavour hit.
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 250 g polenta
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- Bring vegetable stock to boil in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Once stock is boiling, add oilve oil and polenta. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon for approximately 8-10 minutes, until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Turn off heat and stir through rosemary and grated parmesan cheese.
- Immediately pour mixture into a brownie tin lined with baking paper.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, to firm.
- Preheat oven to 220º celsius.
- Remove polenta from fridge and cut into chip-sized chunks.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Spread chips out on trays (do not overcrowd).
- Cook for approximately 30-40 minutes (turning chips over halfway through), until golden and crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.