This dish is full of cheesy potato goodness! Such a delicious comfort food, that is a perfect side dish or holds up as the main meal itself, paired with a simple side salad.
Potato and Sweet Potato Bake
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 2 cups tasty cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 200º celsius.
- Peel potatoes and sweet potatoes and then finely slice them approximately 2mm thick (using a mandolin if you have one).
- Combine garlic, vegetable stock and cream, in a large capacity bowl or jug.
- In a large, deep baking dish, spread half of the potatoes and sweet potatoes in even layers, pouring half of the cream mixture throughout the layering.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese and then continue layering the rest of the potato and sweet potatoes, along with the rest of the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the dish.
- Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove aluminium foil and cook for a further 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Make sure you give this potato bake the time in the oven it needs, so the potatoes are perfectly tender and flavoursome.