I LOVE SEAFOOD! However, I don’t often cook it at home because hubby is not a fan… Almost a relationship #dealbreaker! So, when he’s out with the boys I take the opportunity to whip up a delicious seafood meal for the kids and I. I’m sure you’ll enjoy this Prawn, Fennel and Baby Spinach in Tomato Sauce recipe as much as we do!
Prawn, Fennel and Baby Spinach in Tomato Sauce
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb sliced and fronds for garnish
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 400 g tin crushed tomatoes
- 200 ml water
- 250 g prawns peeled and deveined
- 50 g baby spinach
- Add onion and olive oil to a large frypan and turn on heat to medium-high. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add fennel and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds and then add the tinned tomatoes, water and parsley. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Evenly distribute prawns throughout the sauce and continue to simmer until prawns are cooked (approximately 5 minutes).
- Mix through baby spinach.
- Turn off heat and serve with fennel fronds as garnish.