After basic veg prep, all you have to do for this quick coleslaw is chuck all the ingredients into a food processor (or Thermomix). After a few quick seconds, it is ready to serve.
Quick Golden Beetroot and Fennel Coleslaw
This has neither carrot or cabbage that usually makes up a coleslaw, but it definitely has a coleslaw 'vibe' to it! The golden beetroot has a less 'earthy' taste than its red beetroot counterpart, so it's perfect for this raw salad-style dish.
- 2 medium golden beetroot peeled and cubed
- 1 apple peeled, seeds removed and quartered
- 1 medium fennel bulb (or 6 pencil fennels bulbs)
- 1 large handful fennel fronds
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender (or TMX).
- Pulse until a course consistency is achieved. (If using a TMX, pulse turbo function - 0.5 sec x 3 or 4 times).
Don't over process or it will become mush! Red beetroot is perfectly acceptable to use if the golden beetroot variety is not available.