There is nothing better than fresh ricotta… and it’s even better when you can pick it up fresh from the factory the day it’s made. We have to restrain ourselves from eating it all up, directly from the strainer basket!
Adding fresh greens and herbs gives it a great boost and adding it to the mushroom cups makes it a really filling dish. You don’t have to stick to the baby spinach and parsley in the recipe – feel free to substitute with whatever greens and herbs you’ve got in the fridge.
Ricotta and Baby Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 large field mushrooms
- 200 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 50 g baby spinach chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (or water)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- Peel the mushrooms and remove the stalk.
- Finely dice the mushroom stalk and place it into a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl add the ricotta, parmesan cheese, chopped baby spinach, parsley, garlic and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Spoon the ricotta mixture into the mushroom cups and place stuffed mushrooms into a baking dish.
- Add the vegetable stock (or water) to the base of the dish (this will help to steam and cook the mushrooms).
- Loosely cover the mushrooms with aluminium foil and put into the oven.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Remove aluminium foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.