Geez I love my Thermomix… just saying! As a big fan of risotto, it’s such an easy dish to whip up and can be easily adapted depending on the veggies you’ve got in the fridge.
Roasted Pumpkin Risotto with Baby Spinach, Pine Nuts and Prosciutto
This risotto requires a bit of preparation with roasting the pumpkin first, but is well worth it. It's a great mid-week meal, served by itself or with a simple side salad.
- 400 g pumpkin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 30 g butter cubed
- 30 g olive oil
- 320 g arborio rice
- 780 g vegetable or chicken stock
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated
- 50 g baby spinach
- 100 g prosciutto
- 50 g pine nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Peel and cube pumpkin. Coat with olive oil and cook for approx. 30-40 minutes until soft. Set pumpkin aside.
- Place onion and garlic into TMX bowl. Chop 3 sec/sp 5. Scrape down side of bowl.
- Add butter and oil. Cook 3 min/100 deg/sp 1.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add arborio rice and sauté 1 min/100 deg/reverse/sp 1.
- Add about 3/4 of the pumpkin and stock. Loosen mixture gently with spatula (being careful not to dislodge the butterfly whisk).
- Cook 14 min/100 deg/reverse/sp 1. (Place simmering basket on top of TMX lid to allow steam to release).
- Remove butterfly whisk. Add parmesan cheese and baby spinach. Stir through gently with spatula. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Scatter pine nuts on an oven tray and grill for a few minutes until toasted. Set aside.
- Lay out prosciutto slices on the oven tray and grill for a few minutes on each side until crispy.
- Serve risotto into bowls and top with remaining prosciutto, pine nuts and roasted pumpkin.
If you want to cut down on the preparation time and don't want to roast the pumpkin first, drop the quantity of pumpkin down to 250g. Peel and cube the pumpkin and chop in the TMX bowl first (5 sec/sp 7). Set aside (giving the bowl and quick clean) then proceed with recipe, adding it back in along with the stock.