Greens are a must at our family table. Packed with nutrients, silverbeet is a versatile green that can be used in a huge range of dishes. This simple silverbeet dish paired with garlic, mushroom and bacon is a great side to any meal; and is particularly good paired with eggs for breakfast.
Silverbeet with Garlic, Mushroom and Bacon
- 300 g silverbeet stalks and leaves separated and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 g bacon finely diced
- 200 g button mushrooms sliced
- Add olive oil and bacon to a frypan. Turn on stove to medium-high heat.
- Once bacon has been frying for approximately 3 minutes, add silverbeet stalks to the pan and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking for another minute.
- Finally, add silverbeet greens to the pan and cook until leaves have softened (about 4-5 minutes).