I’m a big fan of truffle! You can buy truffle oil from your local speciality deli and it really accentuates the dish! The combination of eggs, asparagus and prosciutto pairs really well with the gourmet truffle flavour!
Truffle Eggs with Asparagus and Prosciutto
- 100 g asparagus
- 40 g prosciutto
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- truffle oil to taste
- Cut ends off asparagus (approximately 1 inch from the bottom) and discard. Cut spears into 1 inch pieces.
- Place chopped asparagus into a medium-sized frypan. Turn on to medium-high heat and cover spears with water.
- Bring water to boil, then reduce to a simmer and allow asparagus to soften (approximately 7 minutes).
- Drain asparagus when tender. Wipe pan clean and return to stovetop.
- Add butter and prosciutto to pan. Fry for approximately 3 minutes, adding asparagus at the end.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk eggs with a fork.
- Pour egg mixture over the prosciutto and asparagus in the frypan and allow to cook, moving mixture around with spatula, until egg has firmed.
- Place cooked egg onto plate and drizzle with truffle oil.